Our Green Promise
We know personally and from our conversing with our guests how beautifully Perthshire is, here you can find world class fishing, hillwalking routes both scenic and mountainous, great cycling routes both on and off road and an unsurpassed range of golf courses to satisfy all abilities.
But the success of a tourism business like ours depends on tourists being able to enjoy all what nature intended. At Almond Villa we are aiming to be as GREEN as we possibly can be. We believe everyone can do their small bit to help sustain the natural environment unspoilt and clean for everyone to enjoy.
Almond Villa is close to the heart of a city therefore limits what environmental measures we can take. I don’t think the neighbours would be best please if we had 120 tonnes of compost delivered to run our heating and power. But there are step we can take to help sustain he environment e.g. being in the city we can encourage our guests to take the short walk to the centre rather than rely on their cars and provide bus times for excursions to attractions like Scone Palace.
This is our first year as members of the Green Tourism Scheme and will be regularly audited to ensure we are keeping to our Green Promise. Below are some of the environmentally friendly actions we are taking.
- Separate waste from litter bins in guest rooms and dispose off appropriately (glass, paper, cardboard, plastics and food waste
- Locally source our breakfast ingredients (sausages, haggis, black pudding, fruit, oats, free range farm eggs)
- Promote our home-made goodies
- Use only household cleaning products which do not harm the environment
- When weather permits dry towels on the line and only tumble for the last 20mins
- Replace all traditional light bulbs with energy light bulbs (increase wattage as necessary)
- Ensuring that efficient use of energy is undertaken and monitor consumption
- Reduce any polluting activities.
- Promoting a no smoking environment for the benefit of everyone who visits our guest house
- Providing a natural habitat which encourages wildlife, plenty of bird feeders
- Compost eggs shells and peelings